YES, we are still delivering during COVID-19
Ausyfish Pty Ltd ABN 69 010 810 670
Established May 11th 1988
PO Box 324 Childers Queensland 4660 741 Sims Road Childers
- Ausyfish was established in 1988. The farm has 127earth ponds. Water is supplied from 3 storage dams. http://www.ausyfish.com/images/Farm%20air%20view.jpg
- Ausyfish has its own laboratory for health management of livestock. http://www.ausyfish.com/images/New%20lab.jpg
- The facility has a quarantine room. http://www.ausyfish.com/images/Quarantine%20room.jpg
- Climate control room. http://www.ausyfish.com/images/Climate%20room3.jpg
- Purging facility which is AQIS approved for export. http://www.ausyfish.com/images/New%20hatchery%20extension.jpg
- Ausyfish is located near Childers, which is about 320kl north of Brisbane. Childers is about 50 kilometers south of Bundaberg. http://www.ausyfish.com/our-business/25-ausyfish.html
- Ausyfish operates under the industry Commercial Hatchery Code of Best Practice. In 2009 the AAQ (Aquaculture Association of Queensland Inc.) began the process of accrediting professional commercial hatcheries under the Commercial Hatchery Code of Best Practice. The code was developed in consultation with fisheries authorities in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland. The Queensland Government provided funding to employ an independent auditor to access hatcheries compliance to the code of practice. The code focuses on desired outcomes. Hatcheries must be able to demonstrate their ability to meet theseoutcomes.http://www.aaq.com.au/information/aaq-commercial-hatchery-code-of-best-practice.html
- Ausyfish operates under the industry environment code of practice. The Queensland freshwater finfish aquaculture industry through a technical advisory group has formulated this Code of Practice in recognition of the industry’s need to become recognised as an environmentally responsible and sustainable industry and to assist industry members define standards of performance. http://www.aaq.com.au/information/enviroment.html
- Ausyfish operates under the Fish Health Certification Scheme, (FHCS). The scheme was developed in consultation with fisheries authorities in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland and South Australia. Click here for full details.
Click to enlarge images.
Ausyfish is about 7 kilometres from the centre of Chiders.
CLICK TO ENLAGE
PLEASE NOTE, Lambs Road is best in dry weather. Also be aware that some GPS divices show roads that do not exist.
Use Conlons Road. If you are coming from Childers heading south it is the 3rd left after the Goodwood-Woodgate turn off on the southern side of Childers.
If you are coming from the south, heading north, after the Isis River, watch for the Buxton turn off opposite the BP service station. You are only a couple of kilometers from Conlons Road. Conlons Road is on your right at the bottom of a hill.
Once on Conlons Road, follow it until you come to a T-intersection, then turn right. Immediately after turning right, you will go over a cane train line. Go straight ahead onto the new bitumen. This is Bootharh Road. Continue on this road, which will become a gravel road in about one kilometer. Then, about another two kilometers on the gravel road, follow the road to the left, (New bitumen again, but only at the corner.) You will now be on Sims Road. Immediately after you turn left, you will see a sign for Ausyfish.
We are 1kl along Sims Road 2nd driveway on the right. There is an Ausyfish Sign just inside the fence next to the driveway.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT PICK UP OF FISH IS STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Childers is situated about 320 kilometres north of Brisbane.
Note: Ross's Camp Road does not exist.
A high speed tilt train will get you from Brisbane to Howard, which is about 25 kilometres from Childers. The cheapest way to get to Childers is to fly to Brisbane then take the tilt train.
Click here for tilt train. www.traveltrain.com.au
You can fly from Brisbane to Bundaberg with either Virgin or Qantas. You can also fly from Sydney to Hervey Bay with Virgin. This part of Queensland is sometimes called the "Fraser Coast". Use this link to Virgin on line booking. www.virginaustralia.com.au/
Shuttle Busses operate from both airports to Childers. Bundaberg is about 30 minutes drive from Childers and Hervey Bay is about 40 minutes drive.
When staying at Childers we recommend the Gateway Motor Inn, Phone 4126 1288
World heritage listed Frasier island is also very close to Childers. Click here to visit Fraser Island web site.